A way to get the kids moving! The Sixth Annual Kids’ Triathlon will be held at 8:00 a.m., Saturday, August 16, at Pepper Geddings Recreation Center. The race begins in the pool, followed by biking and running routes on roads and sidewalks surrounding the center.
All routes will be closed to traffic and monitored by public safety officers. Participants will receive a race shirt, swim cap and medal. Place medals will be awarded to the top girls and boys in these age groups: 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14 and 15-18.
Pre-registration is required. Spots are limited. Fees for the race alone are: $23 City Resident / $40 Non-City Resident. Call 843-918-2280 or visit www.cityofmyrtlebeach.com/peppergeddings.html for registration forms and more information.
Race details and dates:
· Ages 7-10 will swim 100 yards, bicycle 5k and run 1k
· Ages 11-18 will swim 200 yards, bicycle 10k and run 2k
· Registration Deadline: 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, August 12
· Bike Inspection by Beach Bike Shop: 4:30-7:00 p.m., Friday, August 8 (Racers Drop-In with bike)
· Packet Pick-up and Course Orientation: 7:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m., or 5:30 p.m., Friday, August 15 at Pepper Geddings Recreation Center